Middle School Sports are Back!
To find more information about pay to play, physicals, and sport schedules, visit the RCS Athletics page.
Welcome to Hart Track!
Google classroom for track: Class code is mteinkt
Please sign up for Remind. Best to use the Remind app. This is the most reliable way to get messages regarding practice cancellations, needs, etc.
7th grade : @harttrack7
8th grade: @harttrack8
Track clothing order forms are due this week before spring break. Can be found on the google classroom under classwork.
Track is planned to start to on April 7th
Practice will be from 2:30 – 4:30
We are happy to announce that we will be moving forward with the Spring Middle School Track season. We thank you again for supporting our student-athletes! Our Hart Track Schedule is on the Google Classroom Page: https://classroom.google.com/c/Mjk3OTY0MTIxOTUx?cjc=mteinkt
7th and 8th grade Boys and Girls Track Information
- RCS will be offering a 6 game schedule for the 2021 7th and 8th grade Boys and Girls Track season. All RCS middle schools will compete against each other twice.
- Practice will begin Monday, April 12th immediately after school until 4:30 pm.
- There will be no field events this year
- Masks will be required in accordance with MHSAA guidelines
- There will be NO bussing available to or from meets this season
- You must have a physical from this year or last year on file with your home school in order to participate. The majority of the students do not have physicals on file yet and students aren’t allowed to participate without one. Walk-in clinics are available for physicals. You can print the physical form off of the Hart Athletic website or pick one up in the Counseling Office. Physical Form OR 2020-2021 Health Questionnaire (if 19-20 physical is already on file)
- Don’t forget to complete your Pay-to-Participate payment: Pay-to-Participate Guide
- Please sign up for Remind. Best to use the Remind app. This is the most reliable way to get messages regarding practice cancellations, needs, etc.
- 7th grade : @harttrack7
- 8th grade: @harttrack8
- Student-athlete testing. As a reminder, RCS will begin the COVID-19 testing program for student-athletes, as per the MDHHS executive order. We acknowledge that some families have expressed concerns over this directive; however, all school districts across the state are required to comply. Test kits are ordered through the Oakland Intermediate School District and are free of charge to athletes and schools.
- All RCS student-athletes, ages 13-19, must participate in the testing program in order to play, regardless of whether they are masked or unmasked and playing a contact or non-contact sport.
- Testing will be performed on a weekly basis, before school on Mondays and Tuesdays (6:30am-7:15am), until further direction is provided from the state. One test per week per athlete is required to participate. Testing will need to begin Week 1 during practice on Wednesday, April 14th.
- Prior to beginning the testing program, athletes are required to complete a consent form and a code of conduct (student athletes will be receiving a paper copy of these forms at the Monday, April 12th practice as well). Consent forms are due on Wednesday, April 14th. Here are the links if you are able to print out and return to Mr. DeVantier Room A15:
To participate in Athletics, please complete the following forms if you have not already done so:
We appreciate your patience, flexibility, and understanding as we navigate this ever-changing landscape. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to Mr. Schultz: firstname.lastname@example.org
Shana Poll - Athletic Liaison for Fall & Winter I Seasons - Football, Sideline Cheer, Girls Basketball
Christopher DeVantier - Athletic Liaison for Winter II & Spring Seasons - Boys Basketball, Competitive Cheer, Volleyball, Wrestling